Independent contractors - which form?

Runako says:
23 November 2015 at 14:39

1- If a person is an independent contractor which form do they fill?

2- What happens if they have not been paying provisional tax, are there penalties?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 November 2015 at 15:23

They would still need to complete the ITR12 form.

If they are making more than R30 000 profit per year from non-salary sources then yes they should be registered as a provisional taxpayer and submit provisional tax returns. Depending on your situation this may attract penalties if this has not been done yet.

Register for TaxTim and let us help you complete and submit your tax return to SARS.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.