Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

If I am a Sole Proprietor earning less than R59 750 for the tax year, am I a provisional taxpayer?

I am a Sole Proprietor (offering consultancy services) who is earning less than R59 750 for the tax year. I'm not sure if I should be registered for Provisional Tax and filing IRP6s or not?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 February 2013 at 22:45

In theory yes, but given that you have earned less than the tax threshold and you wont have to pay any tax it may not be necessary to submit a tax return.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.