I started freelancing 3 motnhs ago, do I need to do my taxes this month?

Minette says:
1 February 2016 at 17:51

I started freelancing 01 November 2015
I was still working until 31 October at a company that was paying my tax for me. Do I need to do my provisional taxes this month (February) or should I wait until August?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 February 2016 at 21:06

You should register for Provisional Tax now and submit a tax return in February to avoid possible penalties if you don't. If you are making less than R30 000 as a profit from Freelancing then you do not need to register as a provisional taxpayer.

Minette says:
1 February 2016 at 21:11

Thank you :)
Is that R30 000 per month?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 February 2016 at 21:17

Per annum!

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.