Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

I live in South Africa, but working for a offshore company.

I live in south africa, but working for a offshore company. They pay me a salary/package, but do not deduct any paye/tax from me. I need to sort this out myself with sars from within South Africa

What is the process that I need to follow?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
29 January 2013 at 20:51

You would declare this on your tax return under "foreign services rendered" You would then need to declare this income earned and pay the tax amount on it. SARS will calculate how much tax is owing based on the income earned and your deductions if you have any.

SuperC says:
30 January 2013 at 9:38

Will I have to register as a provisional tax payer, or can I do this as a normal tax payer?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 January 2013 at 17:08

You would have to register as a provisional taxpayer as you are not paying over PAYE each month due to working full time for a company which pays tax in SA.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.