I have worked and paid tax as I earned until September 2011, since then I have earned an income, how

This income was payed by a foreign company, but I have not paid tax on this and I'm changing jobs now to a PAYE system again in October. How do I go about determining what I owe SARS?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 September 2012 at 4:14

You would include this income under the section "foreign service income" If the amount was paid from a foreign company in a currency other than Rands, you would need to convert this to Rands using the average exchange rate for the period which is published by SARS. When you include this in your tax return and then file, SARS will determine the tax payable.

Basically your income will be added to your PAYE earning income to determine your overall income which is then used to calculate your taxable income.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.