I have no medical aid.

Cat says:
22 September 2015 at 10:58

I do not have a medical aid. Can I claim for my medical expenses?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 September 2015 at 13:07

Yes, you can enter your "out of pocket" expenses in the medical section of the Tax Return under Medical expenses not recovered from your medical aid. Please note these are only for qualifying medical costs (eg Dr's bills and prescription medicines). SARS uses a complicated formula to calculate the potential tax credit and depending on your taxable income there may or may not be medical tax credit.

Please make use of our Medical Tax Credits Calculator to see if your claim will result in a tax saving or not.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.