I am subcontracting for a company, but need tax help please?

I subcontract for a company, but have not registered yet as a business and they will be taking 33% off my pay. The problem is I have 2 guys working for me as well. How can I sort this out quickly without having to lose out.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 March 2013 at 11:14

The way to do this would be to apply for a tax directive stating the percentage that the company you work for must withhold. In some cases this can be zero, but you would have to give clear reasons why. If the 33% is greater than the actual tax amount you would pay when filing your return at year end then you will be entitled to a tax refund so you won't actually be losing out. It is more a timing and cash issue.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.