I am stuck on the provisional for 2013, what do I need to do?

Apparently I have to submit a something by end of feb. I had a permanent job up until August 2012 and thereafter earned money as a sole prop. I dont know how to add the two together surely my ex employer should have submitted a doc for me because I was just PAYE even though I had a provisional tax number.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 February 2013 at 15:26

You have to submit an IRP6 - https://www.taxtim.com/za/what-is-provisional-tax-how-and-when.php

If you earned money as a sole prop then you would add the net income of this "business" to the other income you earned from your job and make that the expected income for the year. The PAYE you paid would be included in the form later on. Have a look at the guide in that link and let me know if you have any further questions.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.