Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

I am a sole trader. How do I complete an ITR12 if I do not have an employer?

I earn money for services rendered as personal tech support. I receive two certificates every tax year - for medical aid and for retirement annuity. What codes do I use and where do I enter this information?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 June 2013 at 20:00

The medical aid and the retirement annuity amounts must be entered in their sections on the tax return. The other income earned will be completed under the "local business income" section of your ITR12.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.