I am a provisional tax payer, but I want to claim on my annuities at year end, where do I do that?

There is no space on the IRP6 to fill it in?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 October 2012 at 15:55

You will only be able to claim any annuity payments on your year end tax return. However you can show the income less this amount on your "taxable income" block on your IRP6 which will reduce your tax paid in this period.

Lilo says:
31 October 2012 at 8:59

If I fill in a ITR12 at year end but also did my second IRP6 and paid according to that, wont SARS also charge me on the ITR12? for the same income?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
31 October 2012 at 9:41

SARS only charges once for income earned through the year. The IRP6 is just a way of SARS getting cash earlier and helps you from having to pay a huge amount at year end. Whatever tax is paid during the provisional period, reduces your year end liability. So you can see it as paying up front for the income you expect to earn during the year, but never twice!

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.