How to submit tax returns when working abroad?

Lee-Ann says:
1 May 2015 at 20:37

I have been submitting a tax return every year for a few years now. I plan to go overseas and work/travel. How would I complete future tax returns? I want to avoid penalties for non-submission, but am unsure how to complete the return if I am not earning income in South Africa.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 May 2015 at 13:13

How much time each year will you be gone from South Africa?

Lee-Ann says:
4 May 2015 at 13:15

12 months. possibly longer.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 May 2015 at 13:17

All you need to then is file a nil return. You would just click you have been unemployed and file like that.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.