How to declare Taxable Local Dividends (code 4238) on tax return

Nina says:
2 July 2015 at 8:42

I would like to know where on my tax return (ITR12) should I declare the taxable local dividends (4238). It is from the income tax certificate I received for my unit trusts. The code wasn't on last year's certificate. Both the relevant questions are ticked yes (i. E. 'Did you receive income from interest (local and foreign) and / or taxable foreign dividends?' and 'Did you receive exempt local / and or foreign dividend income?') There is, however, no code 4238 on the income form created.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 July 2015 at 10:14

You do not need to include this - it has been taxed already so you can leave this out.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.