How to claim for km used and for own private vehicle use for work?

The new information to create your personal income tax return now only give you a option "do you want to claim expenditure against the employer provided vehicle.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 July 2013 at 12:13

Do you receive a travel allowance?

Zee says:
1 July 2013 at 12:25


TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 July 2013 at 16:56

Does it not give you the option above the "employer provided vehicle?"

Zee says:
3 July 2013 at 10:33

Thanks I have sorted that one out. Now can I claim wear and tear and lease payments or just one of them.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 July 2013 at 0:23

The wear And tear would usually be if you have already paid off the car or bought it cash, the lease payment is the route usually taken.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.