How to check available funds at SARS

Drew says:
21 May 2020 at 11:03

If you have never filed for a tax return before, how do you go about checking if there are funds owed to you at SARS? I would like to start filing my tax return for this year as I have been unemployed for a long period, but now I am back in the workforce.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 May 2020 at 11:18

If no tax returns were submitted in the past your statement of account will reflect as nil.

You can use our Tax refund calculator to calculate if you are due a refund or if you would be required to make payment to SARS.

Please refer to our following blogs & decision trees for more information: Do I need to file a tax return? & Reasons you need to file your tax return.

Please note that you will need to submit your tax returns to receive a refund (if applicable).

If you do not submit required tax returns to SARS, SARS may raise admin penalties per outstanding tax return per month.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.