How much do you have to earn to apply for your tax back?

I earn approximately R127K per year and was wondering if I can apply for my tax back.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 August 2012 at 22:13

If you are a salaried employee and under the age of 65 then you would pay tax on a monthly basis (PAYE) on annual earnings over R63 556. The more you earn the more tax you will pay. You can reduce the tax and possibly get a tax refund if you have expenses such as:

Medical Aid;
Pension Fund;
Retirement Annuity fund;
Income Protection;
Log book if you have a travel allowance;
Donations to a registered Public Benefit Organisation.

When complete your tax return you would include these amounts if you have them as expenses which may result in a refund.

Going through the TaxTim process will guide you along the way by asking all the relevant questions and help you become tax compliant and hopefully you will be due a refund.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.