Do your Tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  More info   T&C's apply

How do I see if SARS owes me money?

How do I see if SARS owes me money?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 March 2022 at 9:51

You will need to register for SARS efiling to complete and submit your annual tax return to see if SARS owes you a refund.  Taxpayers only receive a tax refund if they paid too much tax during the tax year. (1 March to 28 February) It is important to submit your tax return even if you earn below the threshold, for more information see our blog on Reasons you need to file your tax return If you are unsure which tax returns are outstanding, please request a statement of account on your SARS efiling profile to show you which years must be submitted.  If you are not already registered on SARS efiling please see our How to register for sars efiling blog for a step by step process.  Alternatively, you can use our tax refund calculator in order to check if you are due a refund by using the information provided on your IRP5.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.