How do I reflect UIF payouts as an income on my tax return?

I lost my job and had to claim unemployment for a few months. I then recieved an income after that but need to reflect my UIF on my tax return as my return currently shows a negative income after pension etc.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 November 2012 at 22:22

You do not pay tax on UIF amounts received so won't need to include these amounts on your return. It is specifically exempt under the tax act and not subject to tax!

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.