Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

How do I get my IT3b and IT3c forms?

How/where exactly does one get the IT3b and/or IT3c forms from and how do I know if I qualify for/need them? I have some minor money market investments, but am not sure if the interest earned on those is taxable as it is so little, so I'm not sure whether I need to submit these forms in the first place.

Do I need to manually request these from my bank/financial institutions or should they be sending them to me automatically?

If they are sent automatically, when should I receive them, and if I don't receive them, does that mean that I don't need them for my return?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
29 January 2013 at 21:59

You should have been sent these either via email, post or have an online profile which allows you access to the documents.

You should include all the income earned from investments and SARS will determine how much, if any, tax is to be paid. If you did not receive them, you must contact the bank/investment house and ask for them to be sent.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.