How do I fill in the form as a salary earner PLUS freelancer?

If I earn extra money as a freelancer, over and above my monthly salary, and I'm not registered as a business / CC, how do I fill that in on the form? i.e. I'm not the "director of a Private Company or a member of a Close Corporation" as it says in Section 13 & 14 - but I do freelance work outside my job that pays me (and some of it is foreign income).

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 January 2013 at 16:27

You would complete the section which asks if you ran a local business (section 13) and then follow the questions there. Tim will ask you for all the incomes and expenditures you have had over the year. Your foreign income will have to be included at an average exchange rate for the year or at the exact amount it translated into your bank account. You would include this under the income questions when asked!

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.