How do I declare untaxed remuneration as a freelancer?

I freelance for two publishers, only one of whom deducts 25% PAYE. Last year I received IRP5s from both, but this year only from the one who deducted PAYE. SARS says the other one MUST supply an IRP5, but they disagree. How do I declare this untaxed income on my return in the absence of an IRP5? On my return I answered the question regarding extra income and/or expenses as 'yes' but there is no space on the form where I can fill in this untaxed income.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 November 2012 at 22:16

Do you have any deductions you wish to claim against this income? If so then put it under the "local income" section and include all the incomes and expenses. If there are no expenses then you can include the amount under "other receipts and accruals" and include the amount in the 'other' column.

Is there no chance of getting an IRP5 from the other publisher? It would help to get one.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.