How do I claim for 2 medical aid contributions?

I have contributed to a medical aid for 6 months in a private capacity and 6 months through my ex employer. How do I show this on my tax return?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
28 June 2013 at 23:44

On your ITR12 you would put the medical aid amount which you paid in your private capacity in the medical aid section under amount contributed to medical aid - you would still put the total number of members of the fund for the full 12 month period.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.