How do I calculate the travel expenses to be deducted from Commission Income?

Posted 21 January 2013 under Tax Q&A
I earn commission only, but do not keep a logbook. Can I claim any deduction for travel from my Commission income. I kept the petrol slips.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 January 2013 at 10:20

You can claim the travel expenses agains the commission, provided you apportion the part of the expense to work related activities only. Personal expenses cannot claimed, so you would need to work out the amount of petrol spent on work trips somehow and use that as the expenes.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →