How do I account for Rental Income in my personal tax return?

Posted 6 November 2012 under Tax Q&A
I have a property in a sectional title that I have rented out since 1 October 2011. Where and what do I fill in on my tax return?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 November 2012 at 7:11

If you are using the TaxTim service then you would answer section 13 for rental income. Tim asks you all the specific questions for rental income and all the related expenses.

On e-Filing you would include this under local business income where you would show all this.

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →