Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

How can I get an ITA34 as soon as possible?

Livhuwani says:
19 February 2016 at 14:46

Hi Tim. Im trying to buy a property by taking out a mortgage bond. The agent has told me that they need an ITA34 from SARS so the process can continue. I have no idea what this is as my employer is responsible for my tax issues. I have never done a tax return before neither do I know if my employer has been paying for my PAYE. Please help.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
19 February 2016 at 17:46

Your employer is not responsible for your tax issues, they are only responsible for paying over your PAYE each month on the salary earned. You still have to file a tax return with SARS. Have you never done so?

Livhuwani says:
19 February 2016 at 18:50

No I have never done a tax return before. I'm in the process of doing it now with you. I jus want to know, a after doing the tax return with you how long will it take me to get a ITA34?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 February 2016 at 2:04

As soon as you file a tax return you will be issued with a an ITA34 which you can use for your bond application.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.