How can i claim tax from my pension fund that has been paid out on resignation?

I have resigned from my previous company and my pension fund has been paid out and I want to claim my money back.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 February 2013 at 11:29

When you received the payout from the Pension Fund you would have been taxed on the amount according to tax tables issued by SARS, these are once off tax amounts and are withheld before the payout is made and paid over to SARS.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.