From freelancer to permanent - when/how do I apply for my refund?

Stevie D says:
19 May 2015 at 20:30

I freelanced for a while so I paid provisional tax from last year August 14 to Jan 15 and then again Feb 15 to Aug 15 (overpaid a few invoices accidentally). I got a full time permanent job since 13th April. When can I apply to get a refund from the provisional tax and some overpaid invoices please? And how do I go about this? Thanks!!

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 May 2015 at 10:21

You will only be able to do so when you complete your 2015 Tax Return which opens on 1 July 2015. Click here to Register for TaxTim and link up to your eFiling then when tax season opens you will get a reminder and begin filing. You can also view our Pricing Page to take advantage of our early specials.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.