fringe benefit-conmpany provided vehicle

Hi TaxTim,

I earn a basic and my commission is more than 50% of my annual basic. I sell luxury automobiles for a living.

I see on my IRP5 under "Income received "an amount of R65 000 "Use of Motor Vehicle" (PAYE)

Is there a specefic place where I insert this amount on my tax return?

I kept a logbook stipulating opening,closing KM'S, private and business KM'S

My company provides me with a company vehicle in order to sell and generate an income.

I'm not sure what I can claim for and how to claim?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 June 2013 at 14:05

Your IRP5 will already be on your tax return, but there is a separate part of the return which deals specifically with the use of an employer owned vehicle which you will complete the mileage and other details of the car.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.