Foreign Employment and Tax Implications

Nico says:
18 April 2020 at 19:32

I am a South African resident currently employed full time. I earn a monthly salary of R23000 (before tax). I have recently started consulting part time for a foreign company that will pay me in dollars. On average $2000 every 3 months.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 April 2020 at 8:35

You receive two incomes from 2 different sources, therefore you are liable to register for provisional tax and to submit the applicable tax returns.

Please refer to our following blogs for more information regarding provisional taxes: Am I a Provisional taxpayer? and What is Provisional Tax? How and when? .

You will need to declare the foreign income and tax credits on your income tax return and will need to bring it into account when calculating your provisional taxes.

Please refer to the following blogs for information regarding foreign income: and Can I claim a portion of my foreign income as exempt?.

If you would like us to assist you with your tax returns, please refer to our Pricing Page

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.