Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Donation from father to help with bond

Daughter says:
30 May 2016 at 10:53

My dad wants to help us with our house bond by paying R100 000 into our bond account. Does this have any tax implications?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 May 2016 at 17:37

This would be a donation - it is not taxable in your hands but would need to be declared in your tax return as an "amount considered non-taxable". Donations tax is payable by the donor (i.e. your dad) at 20% on amounts greater than R100,000 per year. Please read our blog on Donations Tax for further details.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.