Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Does a church/ free association pay tax on tithes & offerings?

Joe says:
19 February 2016 at 12:33

We are a small non-denominational church and are registered as an NPO. The cost of auditing and maintaining the NPO status, has become too much. We want to de-register, but was told that we will then have to pay tax on the tithes and offerings made to the church. Is this so?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
19 February 2016 at 17:54

If you are no longer an NPO then yes you will have to pay tax on the income earned by the church.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.