Do part-time workers with no fixed salaries qualify as temporary workers and tax refund?

Keke says:
6 August 2015 at 9:45

Good day. I am not formally employed. I only do part time work via an Agency (Labour broker) which then deducts tax money before paying me, per shift, on a weekly basis. I got a IRP5 form with a total income of ZAR 350,000 for the past financial year.

Am I a temporary tax payer?
Do I qualify for a tax refund?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
6 August 2015 at 19:47

We suggest you complete a tax return in order to see if you qualify for a refund.
If you have worked for less than 12 months of the year and have contributed towards a medical aid, it is likely that you may be due a refund.

Please register with TaxTim and let us assist you to complete and submit your tax return.

Register for TaxTim

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.