Do I need to record capital gains on investments (4250) or local dividends?


I'm currently completing my tax return using TaxTim.

I am unsure as to whether I need to record capital gains for unit trusts (SARS code 4250) or local dividends. I couldn't find a place to record amounts associated with these codes when working through the TaxTim wizard.

Any help would be appreciated.


This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
14 July 2014 at 9:49

You would put this under the capital gains section which is for unit trusts as well as property. Click on the SETUP button and you will be able to select the Capital Gains Section for inclusion in your return.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.