Do I need to file a tax return with R260 000

Taz says:
23 February 2017 at 22:25

I am unemployed but earn interest income ( approximately R260 000 annually)from fixed term deposits
I am under 65 and contribute to medical aid and retirement annuity
Do I need to file a tax return

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
24 February 2017 at 9:49

Yes, since you earn above the tax threshold (R75,000 for 2017 tax year) you should file a tax return.
You should also be registered as a Provisional Taxpayer and pay tax twice a year on your investment income.

PleaseRegister for TaxTim and let us assist you with your provisional return and tax return filings.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.