Do I *have* to submit additional documentation?

I am a provisional taxpayer, and have been filing my returns for a couple of years. After filing my latest return, SARS says that I owe them R10, and also requested additional documentation.

Can I just pay the R10 and leave the "additional documentation"? It seems like a ton of schlep to scan all the documents, just to save on the R10!

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 July 2013 at 9:59

In theory you could leave it, but then if you were to ever be due a refund in the future you wouldn't be able to receive it as this year's return wouldn't be resolved.

Con says:
2 July 2013 at 10:28

I guess it's better to get the scanner out then. Thanks!

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 July 2013 at 11:23

As much of a hassle as it may be, in the long run with SARS being very sticky on these matters it is worth the effort.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.