Completely new to this, should I be paying tax at 22?

I am in a pretty unique situation. I am 21 years old, I study through UNISA and have 2 real jobs during the week- both aupair positions.

I earn R3 000 from one and R6 500 from the other, I also get an additional R1 000 from my parents. My employer from the R6 500 job,has indicted that she has already registered me for PAYE, but doesn't deduct it from my salary as I fall below threshold.

Is there any other tax I should be registered for? if so, what tax and how do I go about getting this done. I am so new to this and I feel so anxious.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
24 January 2013 at 19:53

Please tell your employer that R6 500 per month is greater that the threshold and she must deduct PAYE - have you been registered for an actual tax number?

If not, the first thing to do is register - follow this link and download the form and follow the instructions:

If you follow all the steps then there is nothing to be anxious about!

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.