Do your Tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  More info   T&C's apply

Code 3713 Implications?

I have been paying PAYE on a site/home allowance which I get because I work on a site away from home. Can I get a tax deduction on this. My employer put it as a code 3713 on my IRP5.


Icarus says:
20 April 2022 at 8:08

I am permanently on site. I can go home twice a month over a year weekend.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 April 2022 at 21:04

You will be able to claim, under the other deductions section of the return:

Where recipients are obliged to spend at least one night away from their
usual place of residence on business and the accommodation to which
that allowance or advance relates is in the Republic and the allowance or
advance is granted to pay for'
' meals and incidental costs, an amount of R319 per day is deemed to
have been expended;
' incidental costs only, an amount of R98 for each day which falls within
the period is deemed to have been expended

These will be your deductions which you will be entitled to claim.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.