Claiming medical expense not covered by medical aid

Bud says:
3 November 2015 at 14:02

My partner has no medical aid & is a full dependent of myself.

A) How do I claim her medical expenses?
B) How do I claim medical expenses not covered by my medical aid for myself?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
3 November 2015 at 16:16

Do you pay for her medical expenses?

Bud says:
3 November 2015 at 16:44

Yes I do. She is my dependent although we are not legally married.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 November 2015 at 8:30

That is ok, as long as you pay for them you will be able to add them to yours on your tax return. Please Register for TaxTim and let us help you complete and submit your tax return to SARS.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.