Charitable donations - where do you list them and how do you find out if the church qualifies?

- Where on the tax return do I list my charitable donation?
- How do I find out if the church I contributed to qualifies as a PBO? Apparently there is a list they need to be on?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 November 2014 at 15:49

The Church would know if they qualify or not and you would be able to see this via a PBO number they have received after applying to SARS. You would include it on the "Other deductions" section of the return.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.