Can you get a refund on that money that you pay to the dentist?

Ruwayda says:
16 September 2015 at 13:40

What if you were at the dentist and you send you're medical the code of the dentist and they say they will pay the cost and after a few weeks you have to pay additional money that you have to pay it out of your own pocket

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 September 2015 at 16:06

When you complete your Tax Return for the year, you can include these "out of pocket" expenses in the Medical Aid section and depending on the level of taxable income you earn, they may contribute towards reducing your ultimate tax bill.
Tax deductions for Out of Pocket expenses

You can also make use of our Medical Tax Credits Calculatorto find out what you medical aid tax credit will be.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.