Can I claim the local dividend exemption where I dont have a certificate for them?

Posted 17 September 2012 under Tax Q&A
I dont have a certificate for my local dividends. Should I still enter the amount of local dividends I received in the TaxTim questionaire?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
7 September 2012 at 10:22

You don't need to provide supporting documentation to SARS unless asked for it. If you received local dividends and have included that in the tax return because you answered Yes to the TaxTim question then you will need to include that in your tax return. It would be based on the knowledge you have that you have received dividends from a local source either because you have a certificate or you were told about it.

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →