Can I claim from SARS if I received pension payout of 76347.00 in May 2012


This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 February 2013 at 16:49

Do you have an expenses such as medical aid or other retirement contributions? IF you are over 65 then you would not be paying tax on this amount however.

Donovan says:
23 February 2013 at 16:56

No other expenses and I am under 65. So when I do my tax return for 2013 is there any claim
That I can forward? Will there be any money that I can claim for?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 February 2013 at 16:58

When the pension payout happened, a tax directive would have been issued and any tax owing would have been taken off already. When you complete your year end tax return, if for other reasons you have overpaid tax, then SARS will automatically calculate any refund due.

Donovan says:
23 February 2013 at 17:04

Thank you you have been a great help. Yes I would like you complete my tax return for 2013. What arr the requirements?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 February 2013 at 17:06

Filing season for 2013 tax year only opens in July of 2013, so until then nothing can be done. Just continue collecting all your documents you receive relating to any income earned and when filing season opens you will be able to submit. Register on and you will receive reminders of what to do and when.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.