Can I claim back contributions from past returns already filed?

I just realised that I haven't claimed any money back on my disability cover contribution and RA contributions dating back to 2008.
Can I still claim money back for the years I've missed?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 September 2012 at 15:33

You can Yes. What you would do is go onto SARS eFiling and go to the 'Historic returns' tab, then you would click on each year and go to the Income Tax Working Page where you would click 'Request correction'. A new ITR12 will generate and you can make the changes. Then click just 'File'.

New ITA34's (Statement of Assessment) will be produced and you most probably will be asked to submit supporting documents.

IvanR says:
21 September 2012 at 15:34

Great, thanks Tim :D

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.