Being hired as a consultant for UK based company but I will be based in SA, how am I taxed?

I am joining a UK based company next month as a consultant - I will be the only person working in SA so they do not want to open an SA entity - They will be paying me in by EFT into my bank account and I will need to pay tax on my own. Is this something you can help with?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
3 July 2013 at 22:17

TaxTim will definitely be able to assist. You would need to register as a provisional taxpayer:

Provisional Tax

Thereafter you would still complete a normal income tax return for each year as well as the two provisional tax returns on the information provided.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.