Allowable deductions for Travel Allowance and medicine

Zippy says:
1 July 2015 at 13:13

1) I receive a Travel Allowance for my vehicle, am I allowed to claim the costs incurred on services done? 2) I am on my parents medical aid. If I pay for pills etc not covered by my parents medical aid, can I claim these expenses?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 July 2015 at 16:54

Yes you can claim the service cost in the Travel Allowance section and your out of pocket medical expenses in the Medical section. For step by step help here, please register for TaxTim and let us assist you in completing your return correctly and filing to SARS.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.