How to submit your return to SARS
With TaxTim it's as easy as 1, 2, 3
Once you have a SARS issued tax reference number you can get started using TaxTim:
- Visit www.taxtim.com/za and register.
- Answer TaxTim's easy to understand questions about your tax year.
- TaxTim fills in your tax return for you instantly. Get started now! →
Now that you have your completed tax return, there are three ways to submit it to SARS:
METHOD 1: Convenient one-click filing
- If you used TaxTim to complete your tax return, enjoy quick and easy one-click direct electronic filing straight to SARS via TaxTim!
METHOD 2: Submit online via the internet and eFiling
- If you haven't registered for eFiling yet, read how to register for SARS eFiling.
- Logon to your eFiling profile and open the applicable ITR12 / ITR14.
- Don't know your way around eFiling? Try our easy SARS eFiling guide.
- Copy everything from the tax return generated by TaxTim onto your blank ITR12 / ITR14 on eFiling.
- Fill in the missing personal information (see our security policy).
- File your tax return on eFiling and it will be sent to SARS.
- Await feedback regarding the status of your tax return and any applicable refunds.
METHOD 3: Manual submit in person
Posted 28 March 2017
- Print the tax return that TaxTim generates for you.
- Ask SARS to generate an ITR12 / ITR14 tax return for you (contains a personalised barcode). They can send to you by post or you can get this in person from your nearest SARS office.
- Copy the information across from the printed copy to your tax return. Fill in the missing personal/company information (see our security policy).
- Either post your tax return or deliver in person to your nearest SARS office. If you deliver in person, you will get a confirmation number (a good idea).
- Wait for notification of any refund if applicable.