What type of tax category do I fall into?

Daniel says:
30 April 2017 at 0:37

I have one client in the US, I use all my own equipment and work from home. What type of taxes should I be filing? I am based in South Africa and bring funds through via PayPal, I am not taxed in the US as I am considered a independent contractor.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 May 2017 at 8:07

You're regarded by SARS as a provisional tax payer, kindly read our blog on What is Provisional Tax? How and when?
You're also required to still submit an annual individual tax return, kindly Register for TaxTim and we'll help you submit your tax return to SARS.
Also refer to our Wear and Tear calculator to see if you can claim depreciation on the assets you are using for work.

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.