How to deal with depreciation if moving from sole prop to CC.

On 1 September 2013 I will cease as a sole proprietor and operate as a CC. How do I deal with depreciation eg a truck depreciated for 8 months with 40 left under the new CC.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 August 2013 at 17:23

The value of the truck on the day it became an asset of the CC will be the base you use to depreciate the truck. OR in your example, you can depreciate the truck over the remaining 40 months.

Roger says:
24 August 2013 at 7:49

May Thanx

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 August 2013 at 0:57

Only a pleasure!

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.