Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Will SARS pay me a refund based on my retirement annuity if I am declaring no income?

Fatz says:
15 February 2016 at 16:24

If you are working overseas and are declaring a NIL tax return due to the income being exempt can I still claim a deduction on my retirement annuity?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 February 2016 at 12:46

Unfortunately no deduction can be claimed if you are earning zero income and paying no taxes.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.