Will I earn a tax rebate if I pay for the full medical cost out of my own pocket?

I work for a company that does not pay for medical aid for its employers. If I pay for medical aid out of my own pocket. Will I get a rebate? And how much do I need to pay for a medical in order to receive a rebate?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
5 June 2013 at 23:48

Yes you will receive a refund of the taxes paid up to R242 per month for the first two members and R162 per month for any members thereafter.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.