Where do I declare dividends on my tax return?

Would I need to confirm my dividend for the financial year on my tax return and if so where? I have no idea where to put it, what source code to use and also where to show the tax paid on it? Help!

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 November 2012 at 12:49

On eFiling dividends are shown under the section, 'amounts not considered taxable' which has a title for exempt dividends. You would put all your local dividends in that box. You aren't taxed on local dividends for 2012!

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.